How to Find Your Fashion Personality
Creating an outfit is a lot like painting on fresh canvass; fashion is an art; it is a reflection of your personality, taste, desires, history and ambitions. The way you dress does not just happen, it is your own making, and it is how you want to be perceived as. How you look – your clothes, your shoes, the makeup on your face and the way you wear your hair is the image you portray and whether we like it or not, people judge us upon first impression. For many, this saying holds true “It’s better to be overdressed than to be underdressed” or as Kimora Lee Simons would put it, “Dress as if you’re going to see your worst enemy” – In short, always dress your best .
With so many styles and different looks from the catwalk, red carpet down to the streets of all the cities worldwide (which is very evident on various social media accounts and fashion portals), you never know what type of style truly works for you; without knowing your own fashion persona, you become a fashion victim by getting entangled in the web of trends; Instead of looking stylish you become fashion’s worst nightmare (no one wants to be in the hall of fame for looking like a fashion fool). Truth of the matter is, no one has to suffer this way, you have the power to change your image (whether you’re just a follower or fashion victim); You can have your own style and feel confident in your own skin. Instead of becoming a trend-follower, set the trends and ignite your own fashion persona. When you’re confident and happy about how you look, that’s what people find attractive and sexy; People will instantly gravitate towards you.
Finding your fashion personality requires figuring out what you like and dislike. You can do this by searching through a websites catalog. Plndr.com is a place for urban fashion street wear at great prices, and with the plndr coupons from http://www.shamelesslysassy.com you can save up to 70% OFF popular brands.. The foundation of great style lies in knowing yourself and your body very well. Once you know what to camouflage and what to accentuate, shopping for clothes will be easy, breezy! By finding your fashion personality, you will become a master in crafting your signature look – style that’s authentic, true to your own, unique and completely tailored to your personal taste. Instead of becoming a follower, you become a trendsetter and even a style icon to some.
But first let’s begin to define your personality by getting down to the root of your fashion identity:
- Mood board or collage of your favourites – let’s get creative since fashion is an art and a form of self-expression, why not begin with creating a collage of your favourite things – cut out pictures from magazines of the things that tug your heartstrings – it could be your favourite book, favourite band or celebrity, food, colours, movie, etc.
- Fashion Inspirations – Check out fashion editorials and style blogs for daily fashion inspiration – LookBook, Chictopia, Polyvore, Instagram and WeHeartIt are some other reliable fashion sources as well. Go ahead follow and collect styles of people from around the world – the sky’s the limit!
- Style Icons – Having a style muse is very, very important – no, you don’t have to copy anyone’s style down to the bone; style icons serves as your personal guide; a style icon is the person you find inspiring the most, the person who you probably can relate to or want to look like.
- Basic fashion survival kit – Go through your wardrobe and find 5 key pieces you can’t live without. It might be as plain as a basic white shirt or as special as a kaftan you bought from India or a silk skirt from your Thailand trip, whatever it is, it’s definitely something you totally can’t let go of.
- Seasonal trends – Go through your closet once more and now, find 5 trendy pieces you adore. It could be your transparent clutch for the season of summer 2013 or your ombre, distressed, denim shorts from last summer’s, it must be something that makes your heart flutter.
Well now that we’ve sorted those out, you’ve probably already figured out what type of style you more or less leans towards. Since you basically have an idea of what your fashion personality is at this point; let’s move on to finding your fashion niche or the style category you belong to:
We’ve summarized 5 major style categories; although there are more sub categories underneath each category, these are the general looks:
- Boho babe – Are you the type of girl who enjoys bursts of colour? Love to accessorize by piling layers of necklaces and stacking up bangles? As a natural bohemian babe, your wardrobe would consist of long skirts, maxi dresses and silk scarfs. Celebrity style icons who swear by this look are Nicole Richie, Sienna Miller and Vanessa Hudgens.
- Classic chic – Even with all the current trends, do you still find yourself going back to timeless pieces rather than those in style? If we rummage through your closet, we’d find a basic white shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of classic flats. Your style icon would hands-down be Kate, Duchess of Cambridge or if you would prefer Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn.
- Girly Girl – You’re the type of girl who has a penchant for floral prints, pearls, bows and girly things of that sort. You love to wear dresses and skirts. Your style icon would be Lauren Conrad or Taylor Swift.
- Tough Punk – You’re brave enough to sport edgy outfits that go beyond the norm. You are bad-ass and totally rad in your very own way. You’re boyish yet sexy which is what men find irresistibly charming. Your muse would be KStew or Rihanna.
- Glamour Girl –You love to be the centre of attraction. Fashion-wise, you love sequins and sparkle. Statement pieces are your must-have item- it might be a Birkin bag or Louboutin heels. You see yourself raiding the closets of Posh Beckham or Beyonce.
Nothing can compare to having your very own character and style. People can keep following trends and they won’t be noticed as much as they try to. If you want to stand out from the crowd, make a difference. Finding your voice in the world of fashion might be difficult but once you have a firm grasp on it, you will be able to create a significant buzz; Your fashion personality will help you become as original and attractive as you can possibly be.
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 at 11:34 pm and is filed under Fresh News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.